Monday, February 14, 2011

SmartBoard - Changing the Pen Color

On Saturday, I worked a a wonderful group of Education students, it was early and I have to admit I wasn't quite awake yet.  But their energy drew me in, the questions flew out of each of them and before I knew it the hour had come and gone.  If this is a glimpse of what they are like as a student just imagine what it must be like to be a student in their classrooms.  The question was asked, " How do you change the Pen Color permanently"?  I was sure there was a way but never having done it before I looked up the answer.

From the Smart Board control panel, you can change the color of a pen, or change it permanently into a highlighter.

1.  From the System Tray in the lower right corner of the computer, right-click on the SMART Board icon and select Control Panel or from the Welcome Center, click on Control Panel icon.



2.  From the Smart Board Control Panel dialog box, select the Pen Tray tab and select a pen.
  • Change the width
  • Change the color
  • Change the pen to a highlighter (transparent)








* Note you have to be connected to a SMART Board to change the colors of the pen tools and you will have to save the settings under your own User Profile, the Default Profile is (Read-only). 

Additional Resources:

2 comments:

  1. what if my control panel icon is missing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this: From your SMARTBoard tools on the dock, then select Open> control Panel.

    ReplyDelete